Big, juicy scallops are wrapped in bacon, dipped in a honey sriracha glaze, then broiled until the bacon is crisp and the scallops are perfectly cooked. Irresistible!
- 1 – 300-gram package of Marina del Rey Foods Icelandic Scallops, thawed
- 1 lb (450 grams) bacon (NOT thick cut)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sriracha
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Place a baking rack on the top shelf in your oven (and keep the other in the middle) and turn your oven to broil. Place some toothpicks (you’ll need about 20) in a cup of water.
- Cut the bacon in half then place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place the bacon in your oven for 5-6 minutes on the middle rack, while your oven is heating up. You want the bacon to just start to cook, but still be pliable enough to wrap around the scallops. Remove the bacon from the oven and it cool slightly.
- While the bacon is in the oven, mix the honey, sriracha, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Wrap one piece of bacon (1/2 slice) around each scallop and secure in place with a toothpick. Dip the scallops in the glaze and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place the scallops in the oven on the top rack and broil for 5 minutes. Take the baking sheet out of the oven. (If there is any liquid on the sheet, carefully hold the baking sheet over your sink at an angle and drain the liquid.) Flip the scallops over and spoon any remaining glaze over the top. Broil for another 5 minutes then serve right away.
I don’t recommend using parchment paper (like you see in the photos) as it is a fire hazard at high heat. I used it to hide my old baking sheets. 🙂
Contributor: Kristen Stevens from The Endless Meal.