A deliciously easy shrimp salad on a toasted roll, just like the beloved New England lobster roll, only made so much more convenient with frozen shrimp!
- 1 pound (1/2 bag, or 450g) Marina Del Rey Wild Caught Argentine Red Shrimp
- 1/2 cup (110 g) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (40g) minced onion
- 1/4 cup (40g) minced celery
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 hot dog buns
- 3 Tbsp (35g) butter, melted
- paprika or Old Bay seasoning
- snipped chives
- Thaw the shrimp under cool running water for a minute or so, and then steam it or saute it just until cooked through. Let cool then give them a rough chop.
- Put the shrimp in a bowl and toss with the mayo, onions, celery, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Taste the salad to adjust any of the seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Melt the butter and brush onto the open buns. Grill for a few minutes until toasty.
- Serve the shrimp salad in toasted buns, topped with a sprinkle of paprika or Old Bay, and some snipped chives.
Contributor: Sue Moran from The View from Great Island