What could possibly be better than a shrimp dinner? An Easy, One-Pot Cioppino dinner with healthy, wild-caught shrimp, scallops and mussels!
A flavorful stew with tomatoes, garlic, fresh herbs and more. Perfect for entertaining or a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 28 ox can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups red wine (I used merlot)
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup fish stock
- juice from one lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 grams Marina Del Rey Wild Caught Argentinian Shrimp, thawed. You can use the Easy Peel or the Peel and Deveined
- 300 grams Marina Del Rey Wild Caught Icelandic Scallops, thawed
- 1 pound mussels, remove beards and scrub
- handful of fresh parsley to garnish
Heat olive oil on med-high in large pot. Add onion and red bell pepper, saute for 2-3 minutes until onion is soft and translucent.
Add garlic and serrano pepper and saute for one minute.
Add tomatoes, tomato juice, red wine, clam juice, fish stock, lemon juice, bay leaf, parsley and basil. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let cook on medium high for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
Add shrimp, and scallops. Cook for 2 minutes covered.
Flip shrimp, and add mussels, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Remove cover and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with fresh bread to soak up all those delicious juices. Cheers!
This is a quick and easy recipe for cioppino so there are some short cuts but I found that the flavors are intact. I’ve made this many different ways and prepared my own seafood broth and although it has a different flavor than the fish stock/clam juice combo, both are equally delicious.
If you don’t like too much heat in you food, omit the serrano pepper.
I have left the salt and pepper to you to season. I use very little salt in my cooking and buckets of pepper!
Contributor: Robyn Gleason from Simply Fresh Dinners