Experience the diverse and complementary flavors of this quick, easy and healthy dinner. Perfect for weeknights or guests!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 package Marina Del Rey scallops
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. If they are too hard, you can microwave them whole for 1-2 minutes to soften them until they are easier to cut.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place spaghetti squash face down after covering them with 1 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan on med-high heat. Cook turkey bacon for 4-5 minutes until slightly crispy. Remove from heat.
- Without wiping pan clean, add garlic, sautéing for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes until liquid has released. Add red onion and green peppers along with salt and pepper and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir. Add broth, cream and parmesan cheese, cooking and stirring often for 4-5 minutes until sauce thickens. Add bacon back in.
- Remove spaghetti squash from the oven and when cool, scrape out with a fork. Pour sauce mixture over top of spaghetti squash, stirring to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over high heat. When oil starts to smoke, add scallops and cook for 1 minute per side. Remove from heat to a paper towel-lined plate. Add 6-8 scallops to each spaghetti squash half and serve!
Contributor: Taylor Stinson from The Girl on Bloor