Blackened Shrimp with Avocado Ranch Dip
Avocado Ranch Dip
- Place the avocado, lime juice, onion powder, garlic powder, buttermilk, parsley, chives and dill in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and process until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning as necessary and set aside.
- Place all of the herbs and spices in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the thawed shrimp followed by 2-3 tbsp of the blackened seasoning and a generous pinch of salt.
- Stir until the shrimp are well coated with the seasoning and saute for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place the shrimp on a serving platter with the avocado ranch dip and squeeze fresh lime juice over the shrimp. Serve immediately with fresh lime wedges and enjoy!
Store leftover blackened seasoning in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month or so for maximum freshness. It’s great with chicken, veggies and of course more shrimp!
* The blackened seasoning is super easy to whip up, and it really isn’t spicy. I added 1 1/2 tbsp to 1 lb of shrimp and I have a spice intolerant family. You can certainly up the amount of cayenne pepper to your spice mix if you want to turn up the heat!
Contributor: Marcie Bidou from Flavor the Moments