Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Calories 226 kcal
- To make the chili sauce, combine the apricot preserves, crushed red chili flakes, pepper, and lime in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Thaw shrimp according to package directions.
- Start with 3 medium bowls. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in one bowl. Beat the eggs in the second bowl. Combine Panko and coconut in the third bowl.
- Dip the shrimp into the flour, then the eggs, and then dredge the shrimp into the coconut mixing, pressing gently to adhere (you want a lot of coconut on each shrimp). Set the coasted shrimp aside on a plate as you coat the remaining shrimps.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet on medium heat.
- Fry the coconut shrimp in batches – do not overcrowd them in the pan (I fried about 6-7 at a time).
- Flip after 2 minutes and fry the other side for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the finished coconut shrimp on a plate lined with a paper towel as you fry the rest. Serve with the Apricot dipping sauce.