SPICY SHRIMP AND FRIED CORN
Fried Creamed Corn
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Reserve the corn cobs.
- Measure out 1/2 cup corn kernels and set aside.
- Add the remaining kernels to a food processor and pulse 6-7 times or until creamy.
- Using a dull knife, scrape the pulp and milk from the reserved corn cobs and add to the creamed kernels.
- Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet.
- Add corn, corn pulp, salt, pepper and sugar. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add the milk and cornstarch.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the corn is thick and creamy.
- Add more milk or cornstarch if needed for desired consistency. Remove the skillet from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the Sriracha seasoning, paprika and black pepper.
- Place the shrimp in a medium mixing bowl and toss with the spice mixture to coat.
- Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter to the skillet.
- Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes, then turn.
- Immediately add the tomatoes and reserved corn kernels. Cook, stirring occasionally until shrimp are done and the tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sliced green onions.
- Serve immediately spooned over bowls of fried corn. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Contributor: Tricia Buice from Saving Room for Dessert